© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Cameron Beaubier smashed the five-year-old motorcycle lap record for Miller Motorsports Park's West Course during Saturday's second RaceFuelZ Pro Superbike practice session at the Arai Mountain Nationals, the finale of the GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout Presented by Yamaha.
Riding his Monster Energy Graves Yamaha YZF-R1, 21-year-old Beaubier lapped the 10-turn, 2.1-mile course in 1:28.442, eclipsing Jeremy Toye's 2009 lap record of 1:29.339.
Beaubier's teammate Josh Hayes, second-fastest in the session with a 1:28.927, was also under the old lap record.
Arai Mountain Nationals Hosted by UtahSBA/GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout Presented by Yamaha
Miller Motorsports Park West Course
May 24, 2014
RaceFuelZ Pro Superbike Practice Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Cameron Beaubier (Yam YZF-R1), 1:28.442 (New Lap Record)
2. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R1), 1:28.927
3. Chris Fillmore (KTM RC8R), 1:29.790
4. David Anthony (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:30.647
5. Chris Ulrich (Hon CBR1000RR), 1:31.497
6. Oleg Pianykh (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:31.907
7. Marcel Irnie (BMW S1000RR), 1:33.207
8. Peter deGraaf (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:33.213
9. Michael Bradshaw (BMW S1000RR), 1:33.429
10. Mathew Orange (BMW S1000RR), 1:33.832
11. Ryan Brand (BMW S1000RR), 1:34.513
12. Johnny Rock Page (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:35.844
13. Daytona Anderson (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:36.336
14. Joy Higa (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:38.454